This apricot tart is super nice and extremely easy to prepare! It’s made up of a sweet shortcrust pastry, stewed apricots and fresh apricots. Very juicy and fragrant, it is just like desserts I loved as a child!
I used my favourite sweet shortcrust recipe (Philippe Conticini’s), but you can replace it with a regular tart dough as well.
- 1 sweet shortcrust pastry
- 1 kg apricots
- 40 g sugar + 2 tsp for the garnish
- 1 vanilla pod
- 25 g flaked almonds
- Pit the apricots and set 12 of them aside for the garnish. Cook the rest of the apricots down into a stew with the sugar vanilla pod for 10 to 15 min without a lid, mixing occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C. Roll out the dough, place it in the tart tin and prick with a fork. Pour the stewed apricots into the pastry and place the apricots we set aside previously on the tart.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of sugar over the apricots and bake for 40 min. 5min before the end of the baking time, scatter the sliced almonds over the fruit. Serve warm.