These strawberry and gingersnap verrines are the result of a last minute improvisation, a variation on the strawberry and mascarpone tart. Light and fruity, they went down really well, so here they are!
This dessert is very easy and quick to prepare. All you need is a food processor or blender and you’ll be done in 30 min!
Strawberry and gingersnap verrines
- 1 packet of speculoos or gingersnap cookies
For the strawberry coulis:
- 300 g - 400 g 3 cups of small or sliced strawberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
For the mascarpone cream:
- 200 g 3/4 cup fromage blanc or quark or plain yogurt (depending on what you can find)
- 200 g 3/4 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 2 vanilla sugar packets or 1 Tbsp sugar and a dash of vanilla extract
- the zest of 2 lemons
Prepare the strawberry coulis:
Put the strawberries into the blender, cover and blend until smooth.
Strain the coulis through a sieve and set aside.
Prepare the mascarpone cream:
Loosen the mascarpone cream using a spatula, then add the rest of the ingredients and mix until smooth.
Assemble the verrines:
Crush the gingersnaps in your food processor or blender and set aside.
Start building the layers: sprinkle a third of the gingersnap crumbs into the 4 verrines. Spoon a 3 cm (1 inch) layer of mascarpone cream over the gingersnaps, followed by a layer of strawberry coulis.
Repeat until you reach the top of the verrine.
Sprinkle the remaining gingersnaps on the top then chill until ready to serve.