These strawberry and gingersnap verrines are the result of a last minute improvisation, a variation on the strawberry and mascarpone tart. Light and fruity, they went down really well, so here they are!
This dessert is very easy and quick to prepare. All you need is a food processor or blender and you’ll be done in 30 min!
- 1 packet of speculoos or gingersnap cookies
- 300g - 400 g (3 cups of small or sliced) strawberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 200 g (3/4 cup) fromage blanc or quark or plain yogurt (depending on what you can find)
- 200 g (3/4 cup) mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 2 vanilla sugar packets (or 1 Tbsp sugar and a dash of vanilla extract)
- the zest of 2 lemons
- Put the strawberries into the blender, cover and blend until smooth.
- Strain the coulis through a sieve and set aside.
- Loosen the mascarpone cream using a spatula, then add the rest of the ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Crush the gingersnaps in your food processor or blender and set aside.
- Start building the layers: sprinkle a third of the gingersnap crumbs into the 4 verrines. Spoon a 3 cm (1 inch) layer of mascarpone cream over the gingersnaps, followed by a layer of strawberry coulis.
- Repeat until you reach the top of the verrine.
- Sprinkle the remaining gingersnaps on the top then chill until ready to serve.